View Single Post

October 2nd, 2011, 12:00
Ask dtp for that, ask GG.
This is the only way I can think of to get some real answers.

Originally Posted by Gorath View Post
Big publishers could secure worldwide distribution, but the typical Euro-RPG is simply too small for them to care. Anything below a projection of 1M units for full price is simply not worth the effort to start up their big marketing & production machine.
I also fear that they are following an self-fulfilling prophecy : "No-one will buy it.

Yes, but of course no-one will do if you don't promote it !

Another thing I fear is just this : That "the big publishers" have a bias against E.U. games. If you look at the German market, the american games are big, and the european games are just medium, often … This is, I guess, a direct symbol of marketing power, of dominance in the markets.

The third thing that comes to my mind is a simple conspiracy theory (and therefore insane) : The "big ones" try to keep europeans small to suppress competition … Competition would mean less income - and an area can pend only so much on a given "cake" of released games … Keeping others small would therefore keep the income not only at a relatively high level, but also bigger competors would reduce the number of sold "units" => less margins/profits …

Remember, this is just a conspiracy theory made up by me …

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR