View Single Post

October 4th, 2011, 18:37
Originally Posted by skavenhorde View Post
Can't speak for the others, but I never like it as much as others of its ilk like Age of Wonders or even Master of Magic. Buying units till I had a horde of them in my army was nice at first, but never appealed to me as much as building one unit at a time like in AOW, MoM or the others.

Don't get me wrong, I still enjoyed it a lot. But never as much as the others.

I did not care for Heroes V at all. I'll replay Heroes IV before I'll try that one again. Although, I did enjoy the Necropolis Campaign. I would have preferred a less traditional type of Necropolis campaign like they did in Heroes IV. I Loved Half Dead's campaign because it wasn't the usual "LICH'S RULZ" campaign.

I still have both of the expansion packs for Heroes V, but they remain on my shelves never been played. Maybe I should at least play them once.

I much agree with you, Skaven. I loved Heroes I & II, but beyond that it was WAY too much dependent on sheer numbers and legions of mobs.

Tbh, too often I lost an entire scenario because the enemy overwhelmed me with numbers, I could not compete with because I had spent one or two ingame weeks too much with something else. I too totally skipped H5. I tried it, but at Scenario 5 or so I was in the same trap again. Enemies with millions of mobs overrunning me.

I'll wait for detailled reviews on this.

elikal

Sentinel