View Single Post

October 5th, 2011, 19:02
Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
Really? You do know that people were not financially dragged down during the 60's do you? The cause is different but the anger is nearly the same. If you can't see it in the politics today, you have to be blind.
To some extent, I actually agree with you. Thing is, I think you guys are missing the mark with your venom. These OWS jokers are actually closer to the right target, but (like bn says) they lack focus on what's actually important to them. In order to gain warm bodies, they're having to add in misplaced priorities like the neo-feminist nonsense. Funny enough, it's the same growing pains that hit the Tea Party—started off as fiscal conservatives, but had to start addressing all sorts of unrelated issues as various extreme rightie factions joined the parade.

You're spewing on the wealthy and the bankers. The thing is, those are just people that have played the game well. Attacking them comes off as nothing more than sour grapes. Your real gripe should be with the system itself. You want to change the rules of the game and the "victory conditions". That requires a good bit of hard work and a focused vision. OWS might cover the first half, but they're deeply lacking on the second.

I think you'll have a hard time selling the systemic changes you want. Basically, your opening line is, "The American Dream is dead." That's the only way to justify there's a need to overhaul what's essentially a culture. It's entirely possible that you're right, but that's a deeply ingrained philosophy you're pissing on.

Sorry. No pearls of wisdom in this oyster.
Dallas Cowboys: Afraid to hope / / Detroit Red Wings: Another rollercoaster season?

dteowner

Shoegazer