View Single Post

October 6th, 2011, 08:24
Originally Posted by xSamhainx View Post
I tried sunn the other day, and it was just too minimalist. Like merzbow or something, no melody or anything, just long drawn out chords and feedback. I can see being totally stoned at a live show or something and getting into that whole experience, but sitting in my car or something.. just doesnt work. I dont know any other instrumental doom that I could recommend, sorry.

Speaking of dope, have you ever heard Electric Wizard's "Dopethrone"? Their other stuff is ok, but if you want an awesome slab of ultra-heavy doom w/ great lyrics Dopethrone is the way to go.
Yeah I have to be in a really particular mood to enjoy Sunn O))) and its not often. I have heard Dopethrone before - I remember liking it. I should give it another listen its been quite a while.

I'm sure as a connoisseur of doom you've heard Sleep's "Dopesmoker"? That is the quintessential dope-themed doom epic in my book.

DeepO - Thanks for all those ideas! I liked all of them and had only heard of Earth before. I listened to Omega Massif for a while working today and it was perfect for what I was looking for. I don't mind the post-rock or sludge elements at all. Post-rock is a rich genre for instrumental stuff.

Myrkrel

Sentinel