View Single Post

October 7th, 2011, 19:06
Nice referral on the Serpent Throne, that white summer/ black winter cd sounds like it's just what I'm looking for.

Check out my posts in this thread, I've left a long trail of all the doom metal I've been into, it's my favorite genre. Unfortunately, at times I feel as if I'm hanging on by a thread lately in RL w/ some health problems - that's actually pulled me out of it a bit. More about the instrumental and "gothic doom" right now. Even tho a lot of that can be pretty miserable at times too

I have to say that if you want what's tops on my gothic doom list, try Draconian's "where lovers mourn" or Tristania's "widows weeds", both acts changed their sound later but those are the quintessential gothic doom albums for both.

How like a Winter's "Beyond my Grey Wake" is an unbelievable gothic at times kinda doomy cd worth checking out too.

Ok, I cant let this post go without putting up one of my favorites Ive been rocking out to all day - Blood Ceremony!

Great wavy tremelo bar sabbathesqe retro occult doom, w/ a female singer who also jams on the flute. Also some demented sounding organ which sounds right out of a herschell gordon lewis movie. Great stuff, tripped over it one day and it's now in my top ten.
Blood Ceremony - Rare Lord
Blood Ceremony - I'm Coming with You
Blood Ceremony - Hymn to Pan
Blood Ceremony - Into the Coven
Last edited by xSamhainx; October 8th, 2011 at 09:26.

xSamhainx

Paws of Doom