View Single Post

October 7th, 2011, 22:24
Originally Posted by Ubereil View Post
Yeah, and which one depends on if their parents view them as male or female. Doesn't that make you wonder how closely tied sex really is to gender, when someone of both sexes always ends up as the gender their parents see them? If it was something biological, shouldn't about half of them rebell and turn into the other gender?
I wouldn't think so, we're wired to think either as men or women. Certainly not everyone, but the majority of people.

Difference in sexual organs isn't enough to explain why men like blue and women like pink. Brain chemistry might explain it, if it weren't for us not having been able to figure out what these difference mean in practise.
I'm not referring to something as superficial as color preferences. Obviously culture has a huge impact on that. Most just the way our brains think. Instincts, chemistry, etc. tend to lend men to think and behave, at a general level, in different ways than women on the whole across cultures.

Besides, the variations are bigger within the genders than between them, which is why making these difference basis for separating between pepole rather arbitrary. Why separate between pepole who has different genitals but not pepole who has different eye colours? Or what about left and right handed pepole?
Because eye color doesn't effect how my brain works.

…yeah, well, that's kind of the problem: we don't treat pepole equally. And to start doing so is not simple at all, because the reason we don't is because of the way we interpret the world at a base level. From day one you get signals that men and women aren't quite the same, and from that day forward you get taught about what separates them. When you meet and evaluate someone these "insights" will play in, and thus you'll treat the person differently depending on if the person is a man or a woman. Your expectations will differ, and you're more inclined to be critical to said person's behavior if s/he's doing something someone of the person's sex doesn't traditionally do.
I agree it is not perfect, I just don't think the solution is to try to just turn the tables on one group simply because it benefited before. Strive for equality, not revenge.

Since you're not aware of this you won't end up treating women normally. You think that when you slam a female for doing something it's perfectly fair, because you'd do the same if it was a man doing it. The thing is that you won't - the man has to do far more to get the same reaction from you. And vice versa.
I disagree with that wholeheartedly. Sure, some people are like that, but I have been managed by both men and women and I have managed both men and women, and haven't seen that at all.

Awknowledging what I said above is not "belittering one group". Nobody's blaming white men for this situation. (…correction, nobody besides Radical Feminists.) It's not white mens' fault, and this isn't punishment. Saying this belitters white men is like saying putting someone with a highly contagious disease in quarantine belitters the sick person.
Yes they are. This whole 'progressive stack' concept is designed to punish white men for the sins of our fathers.

It's a mean to get around a problem, not punishment. But let's say we don't do this, what's your suggestion to prevent that we (unknowingly) treat blacks and women like this? That we just do it? We don't work like that, I'm afraid.
My solution is pretty simple, when you see someone being treating differently because of their sex/race/etc., stand up and say something.

You're also mistaken if you think they're doing this because of what's happened in the past. They're doing it because of the difficulties women and blacks have being heard today, not because of how white men treated these groups in the past.
That's contradicts what they said in the article on the 'progressive stack'. It was specifically because of the 'historic' advantages we white men have enjoyed. Even so, just because a black woman feels like she has been disadvantaged in her life, for instance, doesn't not give her any right to try to disadvantage me.

A great way to encourage pepole to get jobs, that… "You can either work for $600/month or do nothing for $800/month. So, what's your choice?"

Übereil
I've been trying to get paid more to do nothing for years! No luck so far.

————————————————-

"Ya'll can go to HELL! I'm-a-goin' to TEXAS!"

- Davy Crockett

blatantninja

Resident Redneck Facist