View Single Post

October 11th, 2011, 05:13
I have been waiting years for another 1st person, turn based, party rpg. I absolutely love that type of game, and I'm always watching for a new one. Also, I buy almost any game that even hints at being a turn based rpg, because I miss the old style games so much.

Unfortunately I'll be passing on Frayed Knights. I want to like the game, but I can't get past those character portraits.

I can live with humor in most genres. But most genres don't get just 1 game released every 10 years. To be honest, I'm pretty annoyed that a game like this FINALLY comes along, and it's made to look stupid on purpose.

I am not a graphics snob by any stretch. I can live with graphics that are 10 plus years behind the times. In fact, the dungeon and the monsters look good to me. But in this type of game, it's all about your party, and I don't think I can make myself care about leveling up this goofy bunch.

I'm going on the assumption that you are stuck with the 4 that I see in all the screenshots, so correct me if I'm wrong.

Raldor

Traveler