View Single Post

October 13th, 2011, 13:26
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
DA:O? You mean that game that had a whopping 3 races and 3 classes to choose from?

I guess I just have a different view of what "character" customization is then. Simply having a skill tree that gives you more ways to kill stuff doesn't make me feel like the game is that much more customizable. I prefer to have more options when creating my character(s) at startup.
Well keep in mind that DA:O had advanced classes as well. But overall that's the key difference now in terms of customization is that it's less front loaded. In BG2 you would start your character up and say I'm a barbarian, I hit people with a sword and get really pissed off. Then you would never get another option in the entire rest of the game. The more modern trend is to start the game as a fighter, and then choose abilities like rage, sword mastery, etc. that turn you into a barbarian and then to continue to customize your character as you go. I personally find that to be much more customization then choosing a package at the beginning. Either way though it boils down to ways to kill stuff.

fadedc

Keeper of the Watch