View Single Post

October 14th, 2011, 11:39
Originally Posted by ToddMcF2002 View Post
I started playing it tonight and I have to say I'm pretty impressed. While there are lingering Oblivion art assets and interface Nehrim is what Oblivion should have been.
- no quest markers
- 3 hours into it and I've got a lousy dagger (had to buy the bow)
- no huge drops or looting every fallen guard etc.
- quests have a twist and there is never a super obvious solution
- combat is fairly challenging
- No level scaling

At first I was a bit worried about the confined and linear area but it opens up in short order. The German is fantastic and the subtitles stay on the screen more than long enough for me to read. I had to laugh at the preverbial rat quest when the NPC said "I know what your thinking don't look at me like that!"

So far so good.

This^

I am now at level 10, and i would have to say this is far better than Oblivion OR Morrowind, and probably the best modern RPG I have ever played. The only weak point in the entire game is the combat, but it is bearable. Every other facet of the game is a rock solid A++. Anyone with any affinity for RPGs, particularly TES style play, needs to mount this game and thrust vigorously. Anyone disappointed by Oblivion will find this mod to be the sole justification for Oblivion's existence. I will continue playing this until I have finished it, even if that means dividing time between it and Skyrim. It is that good.

"See and Let Yourself Be Seen" - Robin Trower, from 'Little Bit of Sympathy'

Temecula

Traveler