View Single Post

October 14th, 2011, 17:20
Hell yeah, you got good taste! Someone I can talk real gothic metal with. A lamentable trend is this stupid notion that any metal band w/ a female lead dressed in black is gothic metal. Bullshit. Nightwish is not gothic metal, while they have some good stuff, they arent gothic metal period. Leaves Eyes is not gothic metal.

I like Sins of Thy Beloved first cd, the second one they went a bit more bombastic and I just didnt like it as much. The other problem I've had w/ Sins is that I cant understand a lot of their stuff, I need to be able to grab onto lyrics or I lose interest. Sounds awesome tho.

I'm a major Battlelore fan, I love them in all their awesome Tolkien goodness! We're big LOTR fans, I swear if Battlelore came to San Diego we'd be in the front row dressed as elves or something. Unlike most other acts mentioned, Battlelore is also consistently great thruout their career.
Journey to Undying Lands was the first glimpse i got of them a long time ago trawling Youtube, and it still remains my favorite.

Favorite cd is "where the shadows lie", followed by "Sword's Song".

have you ever listened to How Like a Winter? highly recommnded.

Listening to Blood Ceremony's "Living with the Ancients", it's not as good as their debut but I'm enjoying it.
Last edited by xSamhainx; October 14th, 2011 at 22:03.

xSamhainx

Paws of Doom