View Single Post

October 15th, 2011, 18:05
Originally Posted by fadedc View Post
The characters do have a slight JRPG feel to their portraits, though it's hard to put my finger on it. I enjoy JRPGs though so that's not an issue for me. The game looks pretty interesting so I definitely may have to check it out. My only concern is whether there may be too much going on at once on such a small screen, but I'm willing to give it a try to find out.
I guess, yeah, there's a distinct JRPG feel to things. Heh, my artist tend to err on that side as much as I keep telling them to avoid it. If you're referring to the gameplay trailer, I think that's mostly because Brian cut it that way. It's really not too bad each round.

Originally Posted by Tanno View Post
I see… There's another way. Since you're trying to release it into PC, but what of those who own Windows 7? I have both OS(MacOS and Win 7 64-bit professional). Could you guys try making a DLC-type buyouts for this game, so that I can download the full game and move it to my MacOS in my Macintosh laptop? Every indle company did it, even Frictional Games(The creators of Amnesia: The Dark Descend and Penumbra trilogy).

Speaking of your question if noticing the J-RPG feel, that's because the way how you created the sprites and the way how you drew your characters are most likely of the J-RPG feel. The W-RPG goes only for HD and 3D games, such as The Witcher, Baldur's Gate: Shadows of Amn, etc.
I'm not certain of what you mean, to be honest. Steam runs on Macs right now so I'm not sure why you need to transfer it over..

Strange as it may sound.. the design direction I gave for the sprites were with Baldur's Gate in mind, along with Masters of Magic - the idea of having an army in one box. Ah, I miss Baldur's Gate.. it had so much character. I've always been one for 2D rather than 3D.

Originally Posted by skavenhorde View Post
The art for the characters and dialogue style. Once I saw that my brain automatically clicked to JRPG. That and you mentioned Final Fantasy Tactics. I have a deep seeded hatred for anything Final Fantasy. I've tried to like that dang series twice now and each time it blew my mind how boring it was. I don't understand the attraction to that series.

However. the actual ingame art made me think of MoM. God I miss that game and that's reason I'll be picking up this game whenever you release it.

BTW, if you want to multi-quote just "quote" the people you want in another window and cut & paste.
To be honest… I really don't like the whole franchise, save Tactics. Found most of it ridiculous. I only enjoyed Tactics for its gameplay and DIFFERENCE from the usual FF stuff.

Heh. Masters of Magic. Awesome.

Cheers for the tip!

Creative Lead at Witching Hour Studios
www.witching-hour.net
www.facebook.com/RavenmarkSaga

Tebius

Watcher