View Single Post

October 16th, 2011, 16:45
This is frequently the business model for Iphone games on the appstore. They keep lowering the price and then many will will give their games away for free at some point in order to drum support for their newly released games. I think the idea is that a big boost of income to your new game is better then a small trickle of income from your old one.

Originally Posted by guenthar View Post
If I was making games (someday I will) I would put it out for the price I decide it's worth for about a year or two, then discount it for another year or 2, and after that put it out for free. I think within a year or 2 you should have your main audience, then after about 3 to 4 years you would have the people that were interested but were not sure, and then after that since it would be free you might get people that are curious that will download it and then maybe get new customers.

PS. I know making demos can cover the last part but demos are never enough and if they are you can lose business to it. I have been burned by demos being better then the actual game so I don't really trust them too much anyways.

fadedc

Keeper of the Watch