View Single Post

October 24th, 2011, 03:42
Originally Posted by Dajjer
I guess I was one of the few that liked Witcher 1 better than 2, so there ya go.
Originally Posted by xSamhainx
Dont get me wrong, my pulse quickened during some of the fights and there was some okay quests.. but come on. That's not what I'm looking for. Some of the Witcher 1 quests like the noonwraith, in fact that entire chapter's ending w/ the Lady of the Lake knighting Geralt, etc. It stirred genuine emotion in me like a game seldom ever does, and Witcher 2 did not ever make me feel anything more than some big political macrocosm which ultimately I really didnt care about.

The Witcher's settings, all the memorable characters, the horror elements, the variety of monsters aplenty, the fun that I had w/ the original Witcher had me play thru it repeatedly. I wouldnt say that Witcher 2 was a bad game, but when held up against it predecessor I feel that it was fairly weak in comparison.
I couldn't agree more with both of these statements, and I suppose I'm also one of the few who preferred the first Witcher over the second.

There weren't any characters in the sequel that I really connected with, nothing that really stood out. In turn, I was anticipating finishing TW2 and putting the game down for good.

TW1 had more than a few moments of interest for me. Chapter/Act IV with Geralt's knighting and the focus of Alvin was very interesting, including the story of the King of the Wild Hunt. There are quite a few characters and areas of interest that I can recall off the top of my head that really piqued my interest as something unique about TW1. I can't say the same for TW2 at all.

I think the political focus of TW2 really crushed my interest as a whole, similar to xSamhainx's experience.

Ragnaris

Watchdog