View Single Post

October 31st, 2011, 06:10
Originally Posted by CountChocula View Post
Been playing Oblivion this weekend.

Really hoping to finish the main quest by the time Skyrim is released. Although I've been playing the game for a few years, I have barely scratched the surface of the MQ, and the only guild questline I've completed so far is the Dark Brotherhood.

Unfortunately, I've installed quite a few mods, with the result that there are now 9 new religious factions and a number of new Necromancer factions, vampire clans, etc., each with their own questlines, as well as some excellent quest mods like Myths and Legends.

It's a daunting, but fun challenge.
The way to complete the main quest quickly in Oblivion, or for that matter any open world game, is to not get sidetracked. Depending on your personality though, it's easier said than done.

I got sidetracked for a long time with Oblivion then eventually I sat down and just plowed through the main quest just for the sake of getting it done. Can't say it was the most enjoyable experience ever, in fact it's probably one of the least enjoyable if you just do the main quest straight through, but it gets the job done.

I wonder if anyone ever made a 'skip all the Oblivion gates' mod. If there were such a thing, the main quest might actually be enjoyable, albeit extremely short.

Motoki

Keeper of the Watch