View Single Post

Talking Initial feedback after playing for short stint

November 2nd, 2011, 02:46
Brief update after playing for about an hour and a half and I have to say it is pretty fun so far. Based on what little I have seen the levels seem a bit linear at first but after exploration there are some areas that are hidden in plain sight that have secret stashes and chests etc. The gameplay itself is very action oriented with skills that get auto assigned to hotkeys once you select them.

Overall, though the game rewards exploration with quests and story elements that are fully voice acted and not bad at all. It surprisingly does not spoon feed you with information and in fact I had to poke around a bit to figure out you can customize your characters appearance early in the game. There is no map in the hud and no quest tracker/pointer which helps with immersion.

It seems to have some similiarities with DAO with less pausing when fighting. Level design seems like DAO except with the addition of secret areas. Dialogue trees are story driven and have some depth. I plan on turning off on screen text as it hits immersion for me a bit. Will just have to see how to do this.

Inventory and item management is bit light so far but gear is diverse and interesting.

There are some obvious carryovers from console but nothing game breaking at all. Generally they seemed to have done a good job treating PC users well.

I see a future for this game through community mods if we can find a way to do it.

Will post more thoughts after playing further tonight.

smite

No one must know