View Single Post

November 2nd, 2011, 18:06
I finished my replay of G1 and really enjoyed it. I think I actually like G1 more than Risen - though it's close. G1 is more interesting to explore and seems to have more little secrets to discover. It also has a greater variety of weapons and spells when you cast them have neat effects.

The game really motivates me to go off and explore every little nook and cranny. You never know what you might find. Occassionally, with careful exploration and the patience to defeat enemies that you really should be trying to kill when you're a little stronger can net you a nice hand-placed weapon that can really give you the edge for a little while.

One criticism I have is that the game needed more balance in terms of equipment and proficiencies. I understand the developers wanted to make it tough in the beginning so you really appreciate your uberness later in the game. But there are just too many upgrades in the last 1/4 of the game. I played a mage on this playthrough and by the time I got my powerful 6th circle spell I had already pretty much done everything except finish the final temple. It would have been more fun wiping out the old camp with that spell, or doing the Cromamine quest line with it.

Other than that, fantastic game, dated graphics and all. Now on to G2 NotR, yet again…

If I'm right but there is no wife around to acknowledge it, am I still right?

TheMadGamer

SasqWatch