View Single Post

November 3rd, 2011, 15:55
Originally Posted by TheMadGamer View Post
But there are just too many upgrades in the last 1/4 of the game.
Yeah, it's kind of funny how you trudge through the early game in your ragged clothes hoping, really hoping, to get your hands on some armor, any armor, someday soon. Then getting your first set of light armor and feeling so good, feeling like your achieved something great. (And this is cool, BTW. I like this a lot more than the lootfest of most CRPGs that give you new, better, shinier armor and weapons every two minutes.) But the end-game fumbles this a bit, as you get better armor sets in fast succession, making that feel a bit rushed. I barely got to wear the über mine crawler plate armor, before getting the even-more-über magic ore armor (IIRC).

Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
There were far too many permanent stat potions in the last 2 chapters.
Weren't there a ton of permanent stat potions in the last temple (inside the orc mummies, IIRC)? I remember thinking, that the end battles/boss must be REALLY tough for the game to give you such a massive boost to your stats this late in the game, only to find out the end battles really easy with your über character.

Anyhow, despite the little anti-climax of the end-game, Gothic 1 is a superb game in every sense.

"It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue."
Last edited by Lurking Grue; November 3rd, 2011 at 16:09.

Lurking Grue

Random Encounter #23