View Single Post

November 3rd, 2011, 21:34
Originally Posted by blatantninja View Post
I think you guys are missing the point. It's not if he can make a prettier game, or whatever, its if he can push the platform in a way it hasn't been done before.
No, I understand that point. I was responding specifically to the comment that the hardware on all mobile devices being supposedly vastly inferior to that of PCs and consoles, which is a misconception.

Can he make a similar breakthrough on the mobile platform? So far everything I've seen on my android phone is just a rehash of what you see on PC's or consoles.
Agreed for the most part. There's a few exception but most of it is shovelware because there's now a place where people will buy games with archaic graphics in mass quantities.

It's obviously not the most substantial game ever, but I think Angry Birds is an example of a game well suited to the mobile platform. It makes really good use of the touch input, it's easy to learn and get into, you can play it in short bursts or for long stretches just as easily. In fact, when I tried playing it on the PC with a mouse it just felt odd. It really is a mobile game but 99% of the stuff out there isn't.

Motoki

Keeper of the Watch