View Single Post

November 4th, 2011, 12:05
Nobody knows Care Bears and Thinder Cats here.
Felix The Cat - yes, but not bby tbe youth.
GI Joe - sounds reasonable, but no-one knows GI Joe here, too. To Germans, the sold action figures are nondescript, as far as I know. I don't even know whether GI Joe is here on TV at all - but a) I don't look children's programmes and b) it would be frowned upon by Germny's dislike of violence anyway.

The only thing I believe to be reasonable from my european/german point of View is He-Man (What a stupid name, by the way !). I don't know whether the youth knows this, but I do know that my generation very much knows it. There has even been a stir among Star Wars collectors because they recently released re-made "vintage"-style "He-Man" action figures.

So, all in all, my bet is on that he-man.

And can someone please explain to me what's "feline" within GI Joe ? And I must say that I don't remember anything in that direction for he-man, too …

And last : For the NA sector, things might look entirely different.

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR