View Single Post

November 9th, 2011, 07:31
Originally Posted by skavenhorde View Post
I believe it has a lot to do with Oblivion style combat. I may be wrong, but I don't seem to be the only one who wasn't happy with it.

That said, I'll buy the game and play a pure mage. I normally like to do a fighter/mage combo, but if the melee combat is like Oblivion then it will bore me very quickly. At least with magic I know it's supposed to hit if I aim correctly and there is still a chance of missing. It's totally up to my reflexes, but I'll take what I can get.
Oblivion is actually one of the main reasons I see for getting skyrim. Not because I liked it I actually didn't at first. Tried 3 times to play it and lost interest. Combat wasn't great and the main story, mainly the oblivion gates was a real drag.

On the forth try I added a few mods and did none of the main quest. I then spent 60+ enjoyable hrs in oblivion. That's the beauty of elder scrolls games there's so many different ways to play and things to do if you don't like one thing do something else.

If they actually had some meaningful quest in just half of those dungeons and tweak the combat then I see no reason why I can't double or triple the play time I had in oblivion.

sakichop

SasqWatch