View Single Post

November 9th, 2011, 13:13
Take out the real-time aspect and they do indeed still make them in the form of Dugeon Crawl: Stone Soup, Jade/Adom, Legerdemain, Dungeons of Dredmor, Angband or the many many variants of Angband. If roguelikes aren't your style then Frayed Knights, Eschalon 1 or 2 or KOTC.

Add in the realtime aspect and Fallout New Vegas would be a lot like that. Try taking on those dang scorpions too soon and you may survive or you may get your butt handed to you on a silver platter. Try going to a radiation ghoul infested area and again you may survive and thrive with all the goodies you're bound to find or you may get eaten. Try helping the miners too soon and the deathclaws may laugh in your face while they rip it off or you could survive. There is also the super mutant radio station. Try going up there too soon and say goodbye to breathing or survive and once again thrive.

Risen and The Witcher 1/2 would also be a contender for exactly what he just described. Hopefully Risen 2 will be similar. There are others, but I've listed enough to make my point that devs still make them like that and better.

Despite all my rage.
I'm still just a rat in a cage.

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat