View Single Post

November 10th, 2011, 16:50
Originally Posted by DArtagnan View Post
The new Blizzard, however, is quite capable of mediocre visions - or so it seems.
The new fluffy/greedy Blizzard. My god, their panda expansion will fail. If Titan is something completely different than World of Warcraft in term of gameplay, then the future doesn't bode well for them. This John Staats for instance was involved with the raiding aspects of World of Warcraft. In addition, they have to create an entirely new IP from scratch. With World of Warcraft they could "jump right in", building upon a solid fundation.

Take Wildstar for instance which was made from scratch. Despite all the talent, I doubt this game will be successful on the PC. World of Warcraft put emphasis on adult gamers while still appealing to younger players. I believe you need that breath to be a big success. If Titan want to appeal to an even broader range of players than Warcraft I think it will fail from the get-go.

One thing is sure. SWTOR have a giant opportunity now to grab a large slice of mmo players. Shame that company isn't any better, but the competition might beat some sense in Blizzard. If it has staying power then Titan need to address it.

Originally Posted by Maylander View Post
I was referring to success. They refuse to release anything they don't feel will be an instant smash hit.
The next releases will tell. Blizzard as a corporation has changed quite a bit these last few years.
Last edited by hishadow; November 10th, 2011 at 17:10.

hishadow

Level N+1