View Single Post

November 12th, 2011, 10:23
Originally Posted by blackcanopus View Post
Apparently most of the people here have not played the Steam version (especially the people who are saying Steam is easy to use). I have the Steam version of TW2 and it's terrible, mostly because of HUGE updates. While GOG users get small patches, Steam updates are as big as 11GBs. My client updated my game several times, a total of more than 60 GBs of data in order to run TW2 2.0, while GOG users downloaded 19Gigs. And every time you verify your TW2 on Steam, it will download the game all over again. So, when we are talking about TW2, Steam is out of question. It's not convenient, it's not easy to use, it's not simple and fast. It's terrible.

But more importantly, the sales indicate the terrible state of PC gaming. That's why good RPGs are dying, and nothing can be done about it if 'most of us' stop piracy and pay for PC games. If we care about RPGs and good PC games, we should support their development by paying for them. Bitching about the demise of RPGs in a forum is not support.
Signature material. Thank you very much.

blackcanopus:
Steam is out of question. It's not convenient, it's not easy to use, it's not simple and fast. It's terrible.
"Where STEAM fails, the PHOENIX rises"

Sir_Brennus

Planeswalker