View Single Post

November 12th, 2011, 22:02
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
At least now you're admitting that maybe the interface isn't for everyone. Was that so hard?

As far as it being a horrible port.. I haven't played the PC version yet, but I don't see anyone here claiming that there haven't been worse ports.
As others have said, initially the PC interface is jarring. However, once you begin to realize that the Tab key and Q key pretty much get you everything you need it starts to feel fairly natural (the same way the Gothics did with their odd keyboard controls). 8 hours in now and I don't even notice the interface problems, with one exception: the perk selection window when you level up. I keep trying to use the arrow keys to arrow over from one skill tree to the next, but it seems that you need to actually click the mouse to move… maybe I'm missing something.

Otherwise, it is EASILY superior to Oblivion this far into the game. The emphasis on exploration (vs. obvious and unnecessary breadcrumbs) is a breath of fresh air in the Elder Scrolls series, and the kind of rambling fun I haven't experienced since Morrowind.

Falchor

Watchdog