View Single Post

November 14th, 2011, 17:38
Originally Posted by Thaurin View Post
There are no roads that I can see, just a mess of snow and mountains with towns overlaid. How the hell am I supposed to find my way in Skyrim like that? It took me a long time to travel to that Graybeards hell hole!
Originally Posted by CountChocula View Post
That's one of my favorite aspects of the game!

I enjoy exploration without using fast travel and each new destination ends up being a very interesting journey, with lots of encounters along the way. I find that I keep checking the map for landmarks and looking around to get my bearings, just as I would in a real expedition.
Originally Posted by Thaurin View Post
Ah, then I was playing it wrong. I decided to just visit that one place and it turned out to be a pretty long horse ride away, made worse by it being far from a straight line to my destination in most places, and also a river separating me for much of the way. So I should stop trying to get to placed and just look for interesting stuff around me.
So is the game still unfocussed like Morrowind/Oblivion then or is it a challenge to get to the next step in the objective in the game like Wizardry 8.

I may be responding to the wrong Count about this.

I'm not a fan of fast travel between cities either until it becomes largely tedius - especially later in the game. Often a good price for fast travel or an item like a travel gem or horse is the trick but its not something that should just be handed to the player IMO.

Developer of The Wizard's Grave Android game. Discussion Thread:
http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22520

Lucky Day

Daywatch