View Single Post

November 16th, 2011, 02:44
Ok, check this out…
I was a little broke on release day, so I grabbed a cracked copy of Skyrim. Had some texture issues, but worked fine otherwise otherwise. I was able to re-bind keys, and the menus actually had a little pointer that pointed at my selections in the menus.

Anyhow, a couple days later my paycheck rolled thru and I traded in the cracked copy for a legit one. On the legit copy, I can re-bind the keys, but the re-bound keys don't show up on the menus, i.e., R is the key to store items in chests and that's what it shows on the menu screen, but it isn't the key that performs that particular action anymore. It's like that for pretty much every key that performs a menu action - for the record, I bound the keys to perform like Oblivion's default setup, that's just what's easier for me in these games. Also, the little pointer I mentioned above doesn't exist, I'm forced to discern the light gray from the dark white color that indicates my active selection. I can't tell you how many times I've sold the wrong item, or stored the wrong item in the wrong place because of it. Is this normal??

Sacrifyx

Traveler