View Single Post

November 16th, 2011, 10:42
Originally Posted by guenthar View Post
I guess every installation of Windows (2 XP, 3 Vista, and 2 Windows 7) since Steam came out has been broken when my system works better then most. I have had very little problems in my system and when I do I know how to fix the problems since I have been doing it for over 20 years. When it comes to Steam it hasn't worked on 4 different OS's and I have tried everything to get it to work and this is with 2 different hardware configurations since I upgraded 3 years ago.

PS. I have very few problems with any of the software I use (including beta and alpha software) and when I do have problems I either can fix them myself or it is a problem with the software.
Thats really weird, as I never encountered a single problem installing steam on a wide range of desktops and laptops and OS's, and I have not really heard from any other people that had trouble getting steam to work either (vs. e.g. the issues people have with offline mode, which seems to be more common). I would assume there is some not entirely common software (virus protection? firewall? registry optimizer?) or system setting that you consistently use that interferes with it.

For me personally there is just one thing I really dislike about steam, and thats the constant self-updating which makes starting games sometimes take way too long. When you already have little time for gaming, having to wait several minutes for steam to start is really very annoying sometims. I suppose getting a faster computer would help, but I'm not sure when I will be able to do that.

GhanBuriGhan

Wose extraordinaire