View Single Post

November 16th, 2011, 16:02
Originally Posted by skavenhorde View Post
Exult, my friend, Exult. It's the only way I can even like U7. Unlike most I despised what it did. I loved my Ultima turnbased battles and that was gone. I refused to buy U7. I'm odd though and forgave them by the time Serpent Isle came around and bought that. I liked it more than I thought I would, but I was right in the fact that Ultima combat would never be the same.

Anyway, Exult gets rid of that 320x240 and makes the combat enjoyable again….sorta. At least I can see the enemies farther away and blast them before they are on top of me.

So for your next playthrough try Exult. You will be glad you did ……I just sounded like a commercial. All that it needed was the mentos theme song and "Exult! The freshmaker!"
Actually each time I've tried it has been with Exult. I've used their scaling options (tried a couple different ones). I didn't increase the actual area you can view though as I heard that that can cause breaks.

I'd actually thought about trying it in DosBox this time. Thrasher posted the config file he used on another thread.

————————————————-

"Ya'll can go to HELL! I'm-a-goin' to TEXAS!"

- Davy Crockett

blatantninja

Resident Redneck Facist