View Single Post

November 17th, 2011, 00:46
Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
I'm playing at Adept difficulty level which I though was the default? There are 5 difficulty settings. Adept is the middle one. I think I'll move it up a notch to Expert for more of a challenge.

I'm level 8 and haven't used single potion. I'm ready for my house now. Too many potions and ingredients to carry around.
Originally Posted by skavenhorde View Post
Experts the perfect balance, imo. I thought adept was one above default. The first thing I changed even before playing the game was the difficulty. I moved that sucker up to master, got my butt handed to me in one hit then slid that back down to expert and been having fun ever since. I actually forgot what the default setting was
I found that the difficulty settings don't seem to make quite as much difference as whether you have a companion + dog + guards or other NPCs helping you to fight a dragon, etc.

Solo combat encounters on the "master" setting were tremendously challenging for the first 40 hours or so as a stealth melee character, and then after I was able to get the Assassin's Blade perk it's still quite challenging but very satisfying to one-shot enemies with backstabs.

However, even when traveling with a companion and an immortal dog who never dies, I still kept getting my ass handed to me in a few encounters with trolls and giants.

CountChocula

Keeper of the Watch