View Single Post

November 21st, 2011, 16:10
LOL. We actually talk numbers in a later part of the interview. I can just say it may be a very good thing that I kept my hard costs (money spent out-of-pocket) pretty low, or I'd have lost money on the game. As it is, if I'd had a part-time job working minimum wage the last four years, I'd be a hell of a lot better off today.

That's not saying sales are poor, for a non-Steam indie game they are pretty well. BUT I have it on good authority it's sold about as well as a good-selling (but non-hit) RPG Maker title —- which I could have probably done in 6 months instead of 4 years. I'm still sticking with the western old-school CRPG style — I like jRPGs too but this is where my heart is — but I won't be quitting the day job anytime soon.

And if you meant Matt, I don't think he's rich either. I love his book - I think it's essential reading for the serious CRPG fan - but I don't think it was in danger of bumping off the #1 slot on the New York Times' best seller list. I seriously doubt he's making a mint off of his YouTube series either.
Last edited by RampantCoyote; November 21st, 2011 at 16:29.

RampantCoyote

Sentinel