View Single Post

November 22nd, 2011, 02:27
I'm not going to open Steam for quite awhile. There is no way in hell I'm going back to crashing 4 or 5 times a session. I haven't crashed once since I started playing through the exe.

What I'll do is just wait for someone to make a mod that makes Skyrim playable without Steam. It's going to have to be done anyways so that the modders can use a script extender. They got rid of GFWL in Fallout 3 so they could use a script extender and I don't see why they wouldn't get rid of Steam to make room for better mods

So a month or so without any of my other Steam games is fine with me. The only two I really will miss are Dungeons of Dredmor and Dead Island.

BTW, this has taught me to NEVER!!!! have Steam automatically download updates. I thought it was a good thing at the time, but I'm switching it to "ask me first" the next time I start it. If I open it Steam now it will probably download it faster than I can say STOP!!!

Edit: Thanks for the heads up on what the update does. Without learning this ahead of time I would have started steam just to see if there were any updates yet and then been stuck in crash heaven again. Stupid fracken decision post an update to make us play through Steam when it's causing the problems. At least on my end it is. They sure are quick on the updates when it involves their program, but it takes forever and a day for any other updates.

Despite all my rage.
I'm still just a rat in a cage.
Last edited by skavenhorde; November 22nd, 2011 at 02:45.

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat