View Single Post

November 27th, 2011, 17:38
while the patch certainly brings improvements from a technical standpoint, it also reportedly changed the gameplay itself in the beginning of the game, making it far easier for the newcomer. One of the biggest complaints when the game launched was the initial difficulty, no tutorial, and basically threw you to the wolves immediately. Many (such as myself) found this challenging and fun, many others did not, prompting a mini backlash that led to patching.

I can respect that point of view if that's why he's doing it. Ive held off on patches in RTS games because of the nerfing that's gone on w/ certain factions due to the crying of the multiplayer community that somethings "overpowered". I like to play a game as the developers originally envisioned it. But when youre talking about the gameplay overall improved (such as better blocking), stability issues, etc it can be a tough decision.

I think once youre well into chapter 2, the changes to the difficulty are minimal, most of the alterations as I understand it was in the initial game.

xSamhainx

Paws of Doom