View Single Post

November 27th, 2011, 21:19
Originally Posted by JonNik View Post
Not having the ability to play a neutral path feels restricted and takes away from the roleplaying experience and replay value imo (it is also the more in character choise imo).
Agreed, mate. This is still very much a sore tooth for me with this game so far.

I've been thinking about the concept of Witcher neutrality as portrayed in the first game and have wondered whether it was a philosophy literally taken from Sapkowski or more just adapted to the game? Maybe someone that has read more of the novels can elaborate on this idea? I've only read the one short story which comes with the Enhanced Edition.

Perhaps one could argue that with the growth of Geralt's character and seperation from the other Witchers at Kaer Morhen, through everything that has embroiled his life, neutrality has gradually become a much more impossible position for him to maintain? It's interesting to think about it in that way.

But even so, the fact that you can complete the first game from this standpoint would give reason for it to continue into the sequel. Perhaps creating another path was dismissed in the early design phase of the game, not assuming there aren't any hints of neutralism that I haven't got up to yet of course…

I might read some more on the topic after finishing the game unless someone else can provide some more information.

Diddledy high,
Diddledy low,
Come brave blood sheep,
You've a goodly way to go.
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj

Pessimeister

Living Backwards