View Single Post

November 29th, 2011, 02:17
Originally Posted by Nerevarine View Post
It's a dungeon-heavy game, so I absolutely expect formations to work; why include formations if you can't use them? Not being able to use formations in a lot of dungeon combat scenarios took some of the tactical enjoyment out of the game, at least for me. Not only that, but regardless of using formations or not, party-members would sometimes get stuck, fall behind the rest of the group forcing you to sit and wait for them to catch up, etc - all because the passageways were simply too narrow for a full party to navigate. I consider that to be a flaw in the level design, albeit not a game-breaking one by any stretch. Not sure how at least that part can't be considered a valid complaint..
Er.. the formations do work. Your complaint about them not working in narrow passages is simply unrealistic, and quite frankly doesn't make much sense. How can a party be in formation in a "narrow" passage? It wasn't meant for you to always be in formation.

As far as everything else is concerned, it looks like we actually agree on most things. I think the BG series was better and will have a stronger legacy, but I understand not everyone feels the same way.

JDR13

SasqWatch