View Single Post

December 7th, 2011, 09:57
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Seeing as how your playstyle is very similar to mine, your post serves as a warning for me. It looks like I'll be needing another XP-reducer mod when I'm ready to take a serious run at Skyrim. Leveling too quickly has always been an issue for me in Bethesda's games, and I don't expect that to change.
More precisely, the problem is more that the vital skills level too fast - because the level cap is much higher than Fallout 3 and it doesn't mean all that much. The problem is that beyond your ~2 primary skills - you don't really need more than Smithing and Enchanting to be pretty much as powerful as you can be - including loot.

So, yeah, I definitely recommend waiting a few months until proper balance mods are out. Unless you're the kind of gamer who can actively avoid obvious routes of power and neat toys because you don't want to risk breaking balance.

Personally, I deleted my savegame yesterday. I don't want to play halfheartedly "delaying" myself to avoid being too powerful - and now I'm forced to start over

I've decided to wait a while, until I see the right kind of balance mods and tweaks.

The game is strong enough to be almost as good the second time, after a few months.

DArtagnan

Waste of potential