View Single Post

December 7th, 2011, 15:05
Originally Posted by UK_John View Post
Why go to the trouble of remapping all the keys to WASD, etc, when by changing betaplyr.dat to viewplyr.dat, the game will do it for you! You would have to click on Mouse to get mouse-look and options to choose VIEW mode then go into controls and change most/all the keys.

My method you change that file, then just check the new key controls and play! And you have to go into the z.cfg file to enter cheatmode 1 and magicrepair 1 anyway!

By the way, please explain what I said that makes you feel I didn;t buy this game when it come out? Because you think your system is better and mine worse? How egotistical!
This doesn't even make any sense. Quickly changing settings from within the game vs. editing a game file. Less steps of action vs. more steps of action. WTF?

Besides, have you ever tried pressin F10 in the game? It switches the interface between full and minimum, eg. that "bars and compass only" isn't a magic game-file hack, it's a game feature that is in the game by default. Even the manual tells you about this.

But of course, for some of us, redding is teh hard, it seems.

villain of the story

Watchdog