Thread: Single Core?
View Single Post

December 11th, 2011, 00:17
@Moriender…
I wrote:
Oh, and the sound tends to clip (cut out and then back on) when I'm close to water, especially waterfalls - kind of annoying.
Specs: Windows 7 64, Pentium i7 950 @ 3.07GHz, 9 gigs Ram, nVidia 285 GTX, plenty of HD space. Thanks a lot for your help!

You Responded:
I just googled that issue and it seems like changing the ini entry "Entity.ROI=xxxx" back to 4000 might fix it. If you are using the ultra ini then the value is probably set to 8000 at the moment. I haven't tried this myself but if you have a save game near where you experienced the sound issues then it might be worth a try.

Thanks, that seemed to fix the problem… mostly. Much better, though. My problem now is why is it when I 'sneak', the whole screen shakes? Never did that before. I think I can live with that, I was always getting into trouble from sneaking around, anyway. I wonder why it is I can just walk up to someone's chest, (no sneaking) open it up, take everything out and not get in trouble for it. Maybe sometimes they get uptight, but not often. Anyway, I turned a few 'details' down just a bit and things still look really good and play pretty smooth (well, at least smooth for G3). This game is buggy, but I'm loving it so far! Thanks again for the help.

Warmskin

Watcher