View Single Post

December 15th, 2011, 08:07
I still don't understand where all these "massive bugs!!" are coming from in Skyrim…After playing for 90+ hours, I have yet to run into any bug that is even remotely serious. I had a quest reward/end quest dialogue not trigger for one of the early Companions quests, but it didn't break the questline and I was able to continue as if it never happened. That's the worst bug I've hit, and I've only experienced a few other minor ones…surely I haven't been just "lucky" to not hit any major bugs in over 90 hours? Now, there are certainly glitches, mostly dealing with the physics engine, but these do not effect the game in any way, so they hardly qualify the game as "buggy" in my book. That's not to say that bugs don't exist just because i haven't run across them myself, but I do think that perhaps the "buggy" label has been blown out of proportion a bit.

I like the combat in Skyrim, although it could definitely use some more variety. Once you shape your playstyle, it does become fairly "rinse and repeat" without different combat moves/attack directions/counters/etc available. That said, I do find the combat satisfying even with its lack of diversity, and that's all that matters when it comes to how I judge a combat system of this nature.

And of course the combat in Dark Souls is better…combat is the entire focus of the game!! That's not to say that there's anything wrong with Dark Souls' design, it's just a completely different game designed with a completely different experience in mind.

Nerevarine

Keeper of the Watch