View Single Post

Default Top 10 CRPGs of all time

December 20th, 2011, 01:42
Originally Posted by rossrjensen View Post
Interesting to see Ultima IX make your list. I bought it way back in the day, but I was one of those with an entirely inadequate system at the time and could not run it. I have played a bit of it over the years and thought it might be worth going back to some day. Do you think the experience would hold up today if I played it?
Hey hey, I too had it on my list
http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showp…&postcount=557

note: U9 probably is the odd man out when I place Skyrim in my revamped top 10,

U9 has the basic contemporary game play dynamics that would make the game playable today. I can't really remember the story but I had fun going around the world and exploring. I too bought this game on release day only to realize, like you, that my rig was totally inadequte for the job, fortunaly back in those days you could take the game back. 2 rigs later I got the game and had a blast.

However, by the time I was playing the game, I knew it was an Ultima game in name only but I was okay with that. If GOG ever gets the nerve to sell this game with all the proper patches, I will buy and replay. Now will the game hold up for a complete replay??? I don't know - but if GOG ever gets U9, I'll give it a go.

Dajjer

Keeper of the Watch