View Single Post

December 22nd, 2011, 10:14
I thought it was fantastic and definitely on par with the original overall. Not in terms of innovation, obviously, but in terms of sheer quality and gameplay fidelity.

That said, it had some unfortunate weaknesses. For my part, the two biggest issues were too many PRAXIS points (nullifying replayability) and a poorly thought-out energy cell system. Both things could be tweaked to something MUCH better with a trivial effort. Sadly, they seem to think their "recharge-only-the-first-bar" system is actually good.

But it meant that you were never comfortable using your powers, and you ended up almost never cloaking or feeling truly empowered. The system hampered your playstyle more than anything.

The boss fights were completely unnecessary and silly, but they didn't actually bother me. I'm not sure why, but I think it's because I beat them actually using my powers - which felt very appropriate. But that archaic iteration of boss fights had no place in DE:HR - just like it had no place in Alpha Protocol.

DArtagnan

Waste of potential