View Single Post

December 22nd, 2011, 15:10
Originally Posted by Alrik Fassbauer View Post
We had a nice little questing - Kobold Assault (yay !) and The Lair Of Summoning. And I noticed that he actually isn't as "anti-social" as he always poses to be.
Yeah, that guy was damn bossy, you should have told him to STFU.
A last note on the Summoning Chamber/Lair : I know from an earlier play that when you defeat the end boss, then there are still few mephits waiting at or even behind the stairs which you'll have to cross in order to get to the end boss. I say this because dte (aka Klubbir) seemed not to know it (or was in a hurry). Defeating them could give additional experience points, I assume.
Nope, those fire mephits aren't optionals so there's no XP for killing them. Since we were hanging by a thread, there wasn't anything to be gained from attempting the fight. Had we pulled everything to the stairs, we would have had to deal with them in the normal course of things, but since the ice mephits don't pop up on normal (that's the part where my memory failed us) we didn't have to worry about it.
All in all, it was fun, after all.
Indeed.

I would strongly recommend that you pick up the resist energy spell. It's the single most useful spell in the game—we still cast it on our level 20's. Unless there's a specific need based on the quest you're running, you should load and use ram's might, barkskin, and resist energy. Eventually, you'll add freedom of movement to the list, but that's a few levels from now. You should keep ram's might and barkskin running on you pretty much 100% of the time. Even at level 19, when the benefits aren't that noticeable, Wouldii still keeps those spells running at all times.

Sorry. No pearls of wisdom in this oyster.
Dallas Cowboys: Still afraid to hope / / Detroit Red Wings: Another rollercoaster season?

dteowner

Shoegazer