View Single Post

December 24th, 2011, 01:24
I'm missing one particular distinction as there are two ways to go (or even combine them).

Ofcourse you have stat weight (Elder Scrolls). But also a visual grid on which you have to try and fit the objects in (Dungeon Siege and Neverwinter Nights).

I guess I'm going for balanced, which I think the TES system is. You always have an option to work on certain stats so you can carry more so it adds to the progression and your decision making.

At some points 'realism' and gameplay collide. To have a realistic inventory system you would need to have harsh limits. As a consequence they probably would decrease the amount of loottable things to accomodate. But then again that ruins the realism of having to option to loot everything that is not nailed down.

I like that I have to make a decision on what to pick or not or what to drop.

I think I'm witholding from voting because I'm not sure what exactly the Elder Scrolls use. I'll pick whatever the TES one is. I don't think it's hardcore and it's not even close to realistic (although more realistic than no weight limit). I think ballanced becaus it does impose a limit, but it's not entirely a realistic one.

JuliusMagnus

Indulgent Wastrel