View Single Post

December 27th, 2011, 02:59
Originally Posted by Roll-A-Dice View Post
Encouraging conformity, jeez dude, are you sure you run a WoD site? SERIOUSLY? You know, World of Darkness, the games whose founding genres, WERE GOTH AND PUNK. Both fandoms largely about striking out on your own and speaking out about conformity, even when everyone around you looked at you oddly for being weird and/or too outspoken.
My retort would simply be both subcultures yes were about that to a degree (more secondary then primary goals however) but also just as importantly did not entail forcing ones views on another. Which is what you are in essence saying. We are here now and you people should lower your posting standards because of it. Please do not say otherwise and have me waste my time linking to post after post of codex folks stating that in one form or another.

You are totally twisting the entire point of those subcultures to fit into your argument.

But in the end it has less to do with conformity and more to do with simple tact and etiquette. Both of which are quite high in the goth subculture as a whole. If you can not express yourself in a way that does not violate the fairly lax rules here then you prob should find one that allows for such low brow postings and move on. Generally speaking neither subculture is high on anarchy which is what the codex was close too posting standards wise.

-Harlequin
Admin of World of Darkness News
News & Community site for the WoD MMORPG
http://www.wodnews.net

Harlequin

Watchdog

Send a message via Yahoo to Harlequin