View Single Post

December 27th, 2011, 13:24
SWTOR has indeed a good story and good writing, but the gameplay is the same inane WoW stuff as ever. I can't understand for the life of me how some people can spend most of their waking time walking 15 minutes between objectives and staring at refreshing skill icons to spam the same few ones over and over again. My head starts feeling like it will pop after 2 hours in. Not to mention that the environments are always based on the same pattern of camp, path, plain, camp, path, plain…. the quests no matter how well disguised, are always just go meet x, activate x switches, bring me x stuff… this is supposed to be fun?

It feels really awkward, it feels like constantly switching abruptly between WoW and KOTOR, and not in a good way.

Also are there completely separate storylines for the sith and the jedi?

The only game with that sort of gameplay I enjoyed was Everquest 2, because at least there was much more variety and complexity in the environments and a much bigger focus on wonder and exploration, instead of just prettying up the same boring three quest patterns over and over again.

Humanity has risen!

Watchdog