View Single Post

December 27th, 2011, 21:25
Originally Posted by MrSanta78 View Post
Hello, what would you watchers recomend to ToEE virgin? Make first walkthrough in "vanilla" and save Co8 for another run or play with Co8 on the very first run?
I would tentatively suggest you play through with the NC the first time, though I haven't played v7 yet. The game's about the awesome combat engine, not the story, and the NC adds lots of battles—most of my favourite/most memorable moments from the game are NC battles, to be honest. For that reason, I'd suggest using the NC and getting as much out of the game as you can the first go-round.

Oh, in case you haven't heard, practice rigid save discipline. Don't use quicksave, use full saves. Cycle five or six save slots, at least, extending back a couple of hours. Saves can get get corrupted easily in this game and Co8 has an unfixable bug that will make it almost impossible to move around Hommlet. If you experience save corruption on a file, restart the game and don't try to load the corrupted save file, just the one before. If you try to load the corrupted first, sometimes it will tell you that the others are corrupt, too, which is a lie.

Sorry for the info dump. The game is awesome, though, and I want you to get the most out of it the first time.

Skittles

Banned