View Single Post

December 31st, 2011, 13:53
Originally Posted by bjon045 View Post
I prefer Fallout2 where you could have over 1mil caps and be in a full set of adv power armor mk2 in less than 30 minutes.
Yeah 30 minutes into a new game, after you'd already played through enough hours to know exactly how to break it. I think I used to always make a run for the free bozars and free gauss rifles

That still doesn't compare to New Vegas feeding you level after level every 10 minutes or so like clockwork whether you like it or not. If I've ever played a game that pushed the player to the level cap in a shorter amount of time, I can't recall it. I just find it hugely discouraging that these days devs at any company think the player should be at the level cap for the whole second half (or more) of the game. The leveling is so fast in NV that you never even get to see what the game is like with low end gear and low skills. That just leaves me scratching my head and wondering exactly what kind of RPGs these devs were playing when they were growing up. It's figuring out how to do stuff that's really beyond you that accounts most of the fun and the feeling of satisfaction in an RPG. I'm really not happy about having to make my own mod that reduced exp by 90% just so that the pace of the game felt right. They got the exp awards wrong by 90%? That's not unintended.

CraigCWB

Sentinel