View Single Post

January 2nd, 2012, 00:58
Originally Posted by Cleril View Post
Current release choice effects (ones that you'll see in this release already):

Winning/losing at tag alters dialogue and may alter your view on a "remembering childhood" sidequest involving your party members.

Giving a Book to X will make sure they don't expose you to the town guard and get you kicked out of the town permanently! And yes, the town will change later in the game based on other choices not in the current release so not being let back into the town does cut you out of later content.

Choices you make that you won't see the effects of in this release but will in exactly the next release (which the game still won't be done at that):

A hobo's life is in your hands and he'll either die, be put in an Arena (part of the main quest), or pay off his debt (in two different ways from your actions).

A few other NPC's lives are in your hands without you even knowing it (the game doesn't tell you they're going to die and/or that what you do, if you do anything at all, affects their lives).
This is exactly what I wanted to hear - games focusing on choices and consequences are rare enough in the indie scene, let alone the rpgmaker scene, which seems to be focused on generic Final Fantasy-wannabes (yes, I do know there are non-linear and choice-based games made with RPGMaker, but they're few and far between).

I'm curious to see how this project will turn out.

cacaro

Codexian Spy