View Single Post

January 4th, 2012, 01:57
Originally Posted by Ovenall View Post
It's like the little plastic toy in the cereal box.

But really, why does anyone care one way or another about this? I remember getting a little item for pre ordering DA:O, and it was a nearly useless piece of crap. But who cares? It's just marketing. We're adults and can decide for ourselves.
Some people get worked up about the general concept of Day 1 DLC, as though it were additional content that should have been included in their copy of the game.

I'm with you, however, in the sense that whether some DLC item / pack / content is offered at release date or later, or even as some sort of pre-order incentive, doesn't really bother me.

For example, I pre-ordered DA2 via Steam and those who pre-ordered via Origin got some kind of Sebastian DLC content. Setting aside the other problems with the game, I had no interest in this Sebastian content. Certainly I wouldn't pay for it and I didn't mind that it was "Day One" or exclusive for Origin customers.

I certainly don't care at all about pre-order incentive weapon or armor packs, etc. If I like a game, I'm more interested in big expansions.

Based on what I've seen so far of the ME3 leaked beta, I'm not sure whether I will ever purchase this title. Perhaps much later when it goes on sale.

CountChocula

Keeper of the Watch