View Single Post

January 5th, 2012, 18:34
Originally Posted by Gorath View Post
As zahratustra suggested, dig up our review. It tells you exactly what to expect.

Don't see Arcania as a part of the Gothic series. It had a different developer who was contracted to make the game much more casual friendly.
The one undeniable positive thing about Arcania is that it was technically at the upper end for Euro-RPGs, and it worked correctly out of the box.

I don't really remember how good or bad the XBox conversion was.

If you're waiting for the next "real" Gothic, wait for Risen 2 (April 2012). Ignore Risen 1's XBox conversion - it was crap, for various reasons which have been addressed for Risen 2. Risen for PC is a good game without serious flaws.
I'm currently playing Risen 1 for the XBOX. And so far, so good! I don't see it as crap whatsoever. In fact, I've heard how ugly the game was on the 360, due to shitty textures and what not, and basically being stripped of graphical quality from the PC version. But I have to say, it still looks great to me. The sunset while watching a flock of birds fly off over the ocean, with that amazing music playing, was a beautiful sight to see.

I think I will try Arcania at some point, but in the near future I decided to go with Risen, plus there are just too many games coming out in the upcoming months that I want to play, so Arcania is going to be pushed to the back of the queue.

Fluent

RPG Fiend
RPGWatch Team