View Single Post

January 6th, 2012, 03:10
They did a very good job with the graphics in King Arthur I. I was impressed with how good everything looked while still having very low hardware requirements. They made Empire Total War look like it was done by a bunch of tasteless amateurs who insisted on making use of state of the art hardware even though they had no clue what to do with it. And I enjoyed the game a lot too. For a while. Unfortunately their odd decisions about supposedly balancing the tactical side of the game made the combat both trivial and goofy and it's just not very much fun to abuse a scripted opponent the same way over and over and over again. From the videos I've seen it looks like they tripled or quadrupled the unit sizes in King Arthur II and that seems to me pretty good evidence they've decided to proceed further in the wrong direction. As such I'm not even sure I want to buy this game. It's depressing for me to see so much potential being wasted on what is ultimately a lightweight game meant for casual gamers. If I do buy it it will only be to reward one of the few small developers that's doing something different and isn't trying to recreate the good old days of 1989. And for fuck's sake anyone who wanted to play games that were just like the ones released in 1989 would play the originals, get a clue "indies". Not you, Neocore. You guys are doing it right, you just need to decide who your target demographic is.

CraigCWB

Sentinel